Friday, August 20, 2010

Random Thoughts

After yesterday's heavy post, I thought I'd do something a bit lighter today. Here are some random thoughts that I've had in my head while packing.

- Whoever coined the phrase "happy packing" obviously never moved before.

- The kitchen is the worst room to pack up in the house.

- The only one who doesn't seem affected by this move is our dog.

- Packing with a one year old makes things much more difficult.

- Oreos are what help me through the afternoon.

- We have a lot more stuff than I realize.

- We don't use half of the dishes that we own.

- I give my parents a lot of credit for moving with all of us kids.

- I'm glad I'm not a pioneer that has to fit everything into a covered wagon.

- Meals will be difficult now that I've packed up the kitchen.

- Did families move back in the early 1900's as often as they do now?

- Will technology make people move more or less in the future?

- It's a strange feeling to see all of your possessions in boxes.

- Bob needs new clothes.

- I really hope that our next place has a dishwasher.


Thanks again for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of moving with kids!!! Have fun and let us know how we can help.

    -g

    ReplyDelete