Friday, July 29, 2011

Making plans is a waste of time

In my last post I mentioned how I was ready to battle the hottest week of the summer being very pregnant. Well, wouldn't ya know it? You make plans and then God changes them for you. I was all content to wait for this baby past my due date. I was doing my best to enjoy the last weeks of having just one child. Lo and behold, however, I got quite a wonderful surprise.

Monday, July 18th my water broke at 10:40pm. At 8:34am on Tuesday, July 19th my beautiful baby boy was born. Everything went very well and he is a very healthy boy. Praise God!

Isn't that just how life goes? I find that it's when I feel fully content, surprises come and things change. I can impatiently ask for things to change but they never seem to on my time. It's only when I throw my hands in the air and admit that I am not the one in control of the universe that the craziest things happen.

I'm not trying to say that we can't change things in this world just by doing. There are many things that change because people take the initiative to change them. I'm talking about things that we wouldn't have ANY control over no matter what, things like the weather or babies coming.

Well, I can't control the weather and I definitely did not guess my baby would come eight days early, but looking back I am floored (can't believe I used that phrase) at how the timing of everything worked out perfectly. So if you think you're in complete control of your life, sorry to tell you that you're not. You still disagree with me? That's fine. It's not my goal to convince you, someone else will do that for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment