Friday, July 15, 2011

So typical

I haven't written for a bit. Not much has been happening around here lately besides getting ready for baby #2. I don't party every weekend. I don't travel the world. I don't have huge gatherings that I'm hosting. I'm leading a pretty simple life right now. By choice? Yes and no. I normally like to stay busy with a good balance of things but these days have brought me to a slowed down lifestyle.

So what is my typical day right now? Get ready for the most exciting post you will ever read. (sarcasm there if ya didn't catch that) Here we go.

6:30 am ish wake up time depending on when the toddler gets up
7:00 breakfast/shower/ start getting ready
8:00 husband leaves for work
8- 9:30ish son actually plays well by himself while I get some housework done
10:00 - 11:00ish run errands or go to a park, basically get out of the house
11:30/noon lunch
1:00-3:00 nap time, the angels sing while I rest or get more house work done
3:00 the angels stop singing and the countdown begins
3:15 I check the clock while "playing" with a boy who doesn't usually wake up too well
3:30 I wonder how to entertain a toddler without turning on the television
3:45 I pray my husband isn't late from work
4:00 I start looking for his car
4:15 Husband usually gets home 
4:16 I talk his hear off
4:30 I finally take a breath from talking to let my husband relax
5:00 start supper
5:30 eat supper
6:00 family time of various activities
7:00 settle down time
7:30 bath and bed time for toddler
8:00 relax time with husband
10:00 bed time

There you go. My exciting life. The life of a SAHM. (Stay at home mom) Now, every day isn't the same. I have moms groups and other activities we attend. I get together with friends occasionally. But this is my job. It's not 9-5. I don't get paid vacation. I wouldn't change it for anything...except maybe a few more vacation days for my husband :) This is my life until baby #2 comes and changes everything.

I'm sure there are those of you who completely understand what I'm talking about. Those of you who also lead the structured life of a SAHM. To those of you, I nod and smile as you know what I'm talking about. I also know that there are those of you who think I'm nuts. Those of you who think only crazy people could lead such a boring life, giving up their "identity" to raise kids. To those of you, I smile and nod as well. It doesn't pay to get mad or try to explain myself. Anger does not make the world go round.

So I wait. I wait for this baby. I wait for tomorrow. I wait for whatever comes in my future. I have no other choice but to wait, to wait and pray and live my structured little life.

Sorry for more of a blah post today. I'm hoping for a more exciting one in the near future. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment