Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Big Black Spider!

Here I am at day three of my blogging excursion! So what's on my mind today? Lots of stuff about this and that but one thought that comes screaming back into my head every time I pass the basement door is BIG BLACK SPIDER.

That's right. This morning I had an encounter with a giant and hairy black spider. The worst part is, it was in the shower. Ahhh!!! There I was, minding my own business when I looked up and saw him creeping along the ceiling right above the shower. Thankfully, I was not in the shower yet or my scream would have been louder, but the sight of him was enough for me to call for my knight in shining armor. 

That's right. I am a huge scared-y cat when it comes to bugs. I can handle a lot of things. I consider myself a fairly independent and confident woman who can roll with the punches pretty well but bugs...NO. In fact, anything with more than four legs is not welcome in my house. (Even some four legged creatures are questionable) Don't try to tell me that I'm 1,000,000,000 times their size. It doesn't help. I hate bugs.

Back to the spider in the shower. Like I said, I called for my husband, who was already on his way after hearing my scream. Together we entered the danger zone where I was ready to point out the evil creature that had broken its way into our home. But he was gone. Shoot. Where did he go? I was now on high alert as I stood in the room behind my husband. My eyes peeled on any and every movement. How could he have escaped so fast? He was hiding. Waiting for me to be alone again. I wouldn't let him get away with it.

I then convinced my husband to get our son and stay in the bathroom with me while I showered so that he could save me in case the spider returned for another round of scare the poor pregnant lady. My wonderful and very caring husband agreed and kept watch as I quickly showered. As caring as my husband was to help me, I know he figured I was crazy. I tried to explain to him that the spider was so big it had a shadow! He then tried to explain to me that everything has a shadow despite how big it is. I can never win a argument of logic with him.

Anyway, I've made more trips down to the crime scene today but haven't seen my enemy crawling around. I still fear of another attack only this time no one will be around to hear my scream. The war is on. BIG BLACK SPIDER may have won the first battle, but the war is not over until my husband squishes and flushes him down the toilet. Beware black spider...beware.

No comments:

Post a Comment