Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I'll cheer for you

This post is dedicated to anyone who ever said the phrase "I'm not a runner" only to become one later in life.

I have a love/hate relationship with running. I love the fact that I can run. I hate how tired I am while I'm running. I love how I feel after a good run. I hate getting up early to go run. I love being in good shape. I hate having to limit the sweets and fast food. I love that I get to run to lose weight after this pregnancy. I hate that I can't start right now. I love to proudly wear my t-shirts from the races I'm run. I hate running for 30 minutes to get the shirt.

Are you one of those people? The ones who went through school thinking that the cross country team was insane? Did you hit your 20's and realize that your high school metabolism doesn't stick with you forever? Did your spouse, friend, or family member encourage you to train for a 5K or another race? I am, did, have done, and am being one of those people.

I am very proud of my husband. He too was one of the "I'm just not a runner" type of people. He has proven himself and others wrong. He will be running his first race on the 4th of July. I can not wait to cheer him on! I only wish I could run it with him. Was I his inspiration? Eh, probably not. Did I force him to start running since I'm the overbearing wife type who needs a trophy husband? I hope not! He actually decided to do this himself and I merely encouraged as best as I could. As I said before, I'm very proud of him.

No, this is not a mind blowing, deep blog that will change your beliefs about religion and the world. It is just an encouragement to those of you out there who were just like me. Don't tell me that you're not a runner. I used the same excuse. If you have two legs and can walk (without other health complications) you can train for your first race too. I will be happy to cheer you on.

No comments:

Post a Comment